Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
2. What personal information do we collect and hold?
In the process of conducting our business we are likely to collect and hold a range of personal information about you.
The type of personal information we may collect and hold include:
- your name;
- residential, mailing, and billing address;
- email address;
- telephone and mobile numbers;
- the name, age, and date of birth of your child;
- the name of the class and school attended by your child;
- details of the products and services we provide to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you or your child that you provide to us directly through this website or indirectly through your use of this website or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect your personal information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; and
- any other information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We don’t store any credit card information on this website. We pass it onto our bank or payment provider for processing.
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us in relation to a particular matter. However, if you do this or if you do not provide or if we do not collect your personal information you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website and we may not be able to provide you with products and services.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
We may collect personal information either directly from you or from third parties. We may also collect personal information when you:
- submit a query via this website;
- register for a customer account on this website;
- provide personal information at our store;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us over the telephone or in person; or
- share information from social media platforms, services, and other permission-based marketing sites.
4. Why and how do we use your personal information?
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information for the following purposes, namely to:
- answer your queries and fulfil your requests for products or services;
- receive payment for products or services;
- publish part or all of your review or rating of our products or services;
- improve our offers, products, or services including, for example, by examining and keeping track of patterns of use in the e-mails and social interactions we send to you;
- optimise this website and our users' experience such as to perform analytics, conduct research, and for advertising and marketing purposes; or
- comply with our legal obligations, to resolve any disputes that we may have with you or any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to market our products or services to you including, for example, communicating with you by mail, e-mail, SMS, MMS, social media, and telephone to inform you about our products or services. You may make a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications.
5. Who do we disclose personal information to?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers or service providers such as:
- contractors which assist us in providing products or services to you;
- mailing and distribution providers which organise delivery of products;
- live help service providers, maintenance, and repair services;
- market research providers;
- marketing providers who conduct specialised activities such as mail-outs and the dispatch of messages on social media platforms;
- our professional advisers (including our accountants, lawyers and auditors);
- our insurers;
- payment systems operators (e.g. banks or merchants receiving card payments);
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; or
- other persons, including government agencies, courts, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised, or permitted by law.
6. Do we disclose personal information outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to third party service providers located in counties outside of Australia.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information outside of Australia and acknowledge that, in doing so, we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for the treatment of that personal information by the overseas recipients. However, we will take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is substantially similar to the way in which the relevant Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) protects such personal information.
7. What security measures do we have?
We will take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access this website. We may record certain information about your use of this website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
School Monkey advertises with Google. Google may show you our advertisements based on your visit to this website. If you do not wish to see these advertisements you can opt-out by visiting the Google advertising page by clicking on http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
9. Do we publish ratings and reviews?
If you provide a review or rating for a product or services available through School Monkey we reserve the right to publish part or all of your review or rating together with your first name and suburb on this website.
10. How do you access and correct your personal information?
We will take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information we collect, hold, use or disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
We encourage you to regularly review and update your personal information.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you or if your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of your personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why.
11. How do you make a complaint?
12. How do you contact us?
Any issues, notices, or complaints in relation to the collection, hold, use, disclosure, accuracy, security of, and access to your personal information may be made by contacting us:
- if by email, on: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- if by post, on: PO Box 250, Killara, NSW 2071
Date: 10 July 2017